Friday, November 18, 2011

Hao fell down from monkey bar... :(

I received a call from Hao's school office on 2 Nov.. around 11 am +.. Hao's arm hurt AGAIN!! I rushed to the school with my 2 gals.. heading to the office ... and see my poor little boy... sitting on a chair with the red eyes... left arm been hanged by a first-aid scarf over his neck...

According to the teacher, he fell down from monkey bar in school playground.. Bought him to see the Dr in the nearly medical centre, Mariana medical centre.. Xray and i called the father.. Dr asked to go Hospital emergency.. as xray shown clear fracture on his bone, near the left elbow.. Luckily hubby had reached the train station and i just go to fetch him before we go to Dandenong Hospital... If not, i really doubts how i can go by myself with my 3 kids :( (poor thing over here now, no body able to help if anything happen)..

In hospital, registered and waited...Asked to go for another round of xray as Dr concerned on the alignment of the bone position... as the xray previously done in clinic not able to show clearly. Result out ... not a good new... he need to go thru an operation to fix it. called K-wires. Putting 2 pins/wires to 'freeze' the alignement during the recovery... My tears was going to out from my eyes, but i tried so hard to calm down as Hao was looking at me, do not want him to worry... Hubby with 2 dottas waiting outside as the gals make noise.. i told Hao, dr will put him into sleep, as scare might make him feel pains if he not asleep, once he wake up , the arm will be 'fixed' and i will be there always. He is very steady and brave, he just say OK.

Only 1 ppl allowed to go into the operation room... before he put on sleep... there are few ppl in charge, Dr + some assistants.. They are surprised that Hao was so calm and not crying or making any noise...Dr asked me if he went thru any operation before. I said Nope.... He said he so brave and calm... that's my good and brave boy!!

After they put him to sleep, they immediately ask me out and bring me to the children ward... ask us to wait there... and wait for their calls once done.

Is an 1/2 hr operation... and need another 1/2 hr to get him wake up... We were waiting in the children ward play room... 2 of my gals was enjoy playing there... with all the toys, blocks, art works, etc. My hubby get me to get some drinks at the other room.. 1 hr is really hard to pass.. I keep on praying since we reached hosp.. whenever i got time ... Please be with him...and everything go smooth!!

Thanks God. Nurse informed me to go to operation room, he was waking up... Nurse brought me there..and he still unconscious.. Dr said he is waking up... then when i was there, He keep on calling his name, i called him as well, and finally he opened his eyes... phew~~ make me so relief.... Thanks God!

It was 7pm+ He was pushed to his bed in the children ward and i was with him for 1 night in the hospital, sofa bed just beside him.. Next day everything seems good.. and we allow to discharge... and go to hosp for 1st wk chkup...Off to school for 1 wks + and now he is back to school!!

After 1st wk chkup, Dr said everything good, just go back hosp to pull out the wires after 5th week.. Phew~~ there will be another stage that hard for me to pass... I had watched the video from youtube on how the K-wire been pulled out... I dont think i wanna watch that on my son's arm... :(

4 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Boys are boys eh.. Played too rough. Nevertheless he looked cute even with the cast on. Speedy recovery Hao.

MY Life Zone said...

etcMom.. thanks ... will be 4 more wks to pull out the wires .. he told me he swung too hard... cant hold tight with the bar and fell down like a spider man post on ground.. He said will not play monkey bar next time... well.. i listen first ~~

KM's Corner 刻骨铭心 said...

This will a key learning for him.. he will be more careful next time. Thank God he is OK! I understand your feelings, kind of nervous and helpless, especially you are alone to take care 3 kids! Take care my friend!

MY Life Zone said...

KM: thanks.. he is recovering, but not yet pull out the wire .. .mid of dec.. now already start to jump and ran around.. make me worries only.. like an old grandma everyday mumbling at his ears... "Pls.. dont run, be careful, dont fall down...etc etc' =.=|||